• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

did you ever... [pins and needles / numbness in extremeties]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOB

Bluelighter
had feeling in one of your leg fingers like you have when you sit on wc too much and some of your body parts arent getting enough blood? I have this feeling in one of my leg fingers for 18 hours and it isnt going away so it starts to be point of concern for me

did you or anybody you know had problem like this? what should I do??

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never had that feeling for longer than an hour or two. It sounds as though you may have pinched a nerve. Your best bet is to make an appointment to see your doctor ASAP as there are other more harmful causes of numbness in extremities.

Will leave this open for now in case someone knows anything else constructive. :p

Leg fingers? I suppose that means toes? Having the tingly feeling in your toes for that long is something to be very concerned for. What is your current weather situation, OP? If it's very cold, then it might be the weather and lack of motion. If it's warm, you'll have a big issue, probably what ap has already mentioned.

I am very familiar with the 'pins-and-needles' feeling you have, although it tends to exclude itself to below my ankles or beyond my wrists (aka extremities, but, as for me, not only with my toes). I usually get the feelings in my feet if I apply too much or too little pressure on them; if I persist with the change of pressure on them (usually done inadvertently) though, they eventually turn numb. As for the hands, they only turn numb when I'm stressed as hell (one exception to this: caffeine overdose :(). That's the answer to your title.

As for the constructive side, I guess that you may have developed a blood clot in an important blood vessel there. If this is the case, then you need to be treated badly, as the worst possible scenario to this cause is cyanosis leaving to an amputation. Do you smoke tobacco? That increases the likelihood of such a thing occurring. Perhaps you're applying too much pressure there. But the fact that it hasn't gone numb after 18 hours pretty much makes this idea invalid here (I think so, when this happens to me it is a matter of minutes before things go numb). Or perhaps too much cold a.k.a. frostbite (as Simply_Live has stated) is occurring. Is the color of that toe significantly different from the rest of your body? Either way, I would like to know whether your problem is still bad as of now.

^In your case, it's vasoconstriction. This is where your blood vessels become narrower, leading to decreased blood circulation and eventually possible cyanosis (oxygen starvation) of the body parts mentioned. Moreover, vasoconstriction occurs possibly from one or many factors, and the factors that exist are numerous. Stress (in my case), too much cold, or, in your case, stimulant usage. Stimulants cause vasoconstriction specifically because they activate the sympathetic nervous system and/or increase the levels of adrenaline in your body. In comparasion to drugs related in structure to mephedrone, I would suppose it does both. Also, such vasoconstriction from mephedrone would be felt only (or mostly) at the extremities.

As for DOB, I would seriously like to get some feedback over your condition, although I now suppose you've either recovered or things would have gone nasty (I hope not!). Either way, I suggest you go get yourself a doctor quickly; I'm dead serious here.

now its been over 64 hours I cant tell if its doing better or not,I am afraid about my toe.

We have now very cold climate,but its not that bad around 12-15 C

my grandmother and several other genetical family have bad viens in legs,dunno whats the proper term but it have alot people mainly women.I had 20 birthday at the start of the july,in the leg with bad toe problem I have what seems like that bad veins that grandmother have but milion time less worse,its hard to see but some of my veins,the small ones,two or three of them are violet like damaged.

isnt blood clot that jamaican word? =D I dont want my toe to be amputated,dnb movement is my biggest love,without toe the jumps would be so much harder

Your toes have been consistently numb for SIXTY-FOUR HOURS and you haven't gone to the doctor?! Please tell me I'm reading wrong and you've at least made an appointment!

While I've never heard of this lasting 64 hours, you could have Raynaud's. Is the numbness accompanied by discoloration in your skin? My hands get all tingly and turn ghostly white after exposure to cold temperatures.

Just go get yourself some doc, OP. This is serious business here. It hasn't gone numb, right? It hasn't turned blue, right? Then go to some doc since then it probably still be 'alive'. Are you by chance hiding this from your relatives? We're talking about your health here.

Just go get yourself some doc, OP. This is serious business here. It hasn't gone numb, right? It hasn't turned blue, right? Then go to some doc since then it probably still be 'alive'. Are you by chance hiding this from your relatives? We're talking about your health here.

the problem is that I must wait three days till I can visit doctor.

the so called pins and needles are going away,but its numb.The numbness is biggest at the end of the toe annd in first 1/3 its non existant.But at the tip of the toe I can really feel that I dont feel

the problem is that I must wait three days till I can visit doctor.

the so called pins and needles are going away,but its numb.The numbness is biggest at the end of the toe annd in first 1/3 its non existant.But at the tip of the toe I can really feel that I dont feel

OMG, three days 8o? And things are getting numb now 8(? I am telling you, that toe of yours can very well say bye-bye to you.

Um, OP.

GO TO THE HOSPITAL. Surely they have hospitals near you, even if you live in a cold climate!

Seriously, mate. If you don't go NOW, they might have to cut off that toe.

Like, you shouldn't even be reading this. Just go!

Today I woke up and the strange feelings are gone,my big curved toe is feels kinda ok except for one thing.Even when pins and needles are not there anymore I think that I the skin on this finger is less sensitive than befor.

ok its gone but...

WTF!?
why it happened?! how it works?? will it happen again??

I really dont want anything similiar happen mainly on fatter portions of psychedelics,it was scary enough on half blotter

We can only speculate on the questions you have (the why, which leads to the how). Will it happen again, no one can really know.

If this happened while on (or shortly after taking) a psychedelic, that should tell you to not take psychedelics anymore.

If it happens again while sober, go to your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.